The National Black MBA Association® (NBMBAA) was founded in 1970 at a two-day conference held at the University of Chicago, by a group of African American MBA students, faculty, advisors, and businessmen. The
purposes of the Association are:
- The encouragement of career independence for African American business professionals
- The promotion of African American intellectual and economic wealth and empowerment, and
- The professional advancement of African American business professionals.
The Association has awarded over $5 million dollars in scholarships to minority students participating in both undergraduate and graduate programs around the world.
Today, the membership is over 9,000 and the Association has expanded its outreach to include 45 chapters and 28 collegiate chapters.
At the NBMBAA®, empowering Black business professionals through strategic business forces is fundamental to our character and the way we represent our members.
We have created numerous ways for our members to contribute to our commitment of fostering intellectual and economic wealth for the communities in which we empower, work, and serve. Take some time to peruse our website to learn about the fascinating programs that we have to offer.
- Provide innovative programs to stimulate their intellectual and economic growth
- Build partnerships with key stakeholders who help facilitate this growth
- Increase awareness and facilitate access to graduate management education programs and career opportunities in management fields.
With our core values at heart, Girl Scouts of Ohio Heartland empowering minority business professionals is an ongoing journey for NBMBAA – one that we value. We are committed to making a sustainable and impactful difference in the communities in which we empower, work, and serve.
What we do
NBMBAA Columbus Chapter. See What We’re all About!
From being chapter of the year 6 times in a row to dedication to our youth, we have been very proactive in the Central Ohio Community. Founded in 1993, the NBMBAA Columbus Chapter has created programs that helped professional career minded people as well as our youth. We also believe serving in the community for families in need!
Just click on the diagram below to see a larger view of what we have accomplished!